Sunday, July 22, 2012

Conversations


I.

I walk in on her in the kitchen
 Clutching a knife in one hand
      holding her sad smile in the other.
        I watch as her eyes turn dark
     Before I open my mouth,
and pushed air between tongue and lip,
            silence
.she speaks quietly.

            “I like to watch the moonlight
as it streams in your window
  and decorates the darkest parts of you,
   the play of shadows- silvered and eerie.”
      She frowns, and even knowing
as I do, sighs.
'I revel in your secrets, in
how your touch is 
        so sincere 
and yet so-' the pause was murderous
       'so, irreverent.'

                She showed her scars then,
         wrists and forearms decorated
    with the lines of her life, her longing.
'Sometimes,' she smiled then, a melancholy movement.
     'I don’t expect you to
understand, but, sometimes
            I wish I could move in you
                  to know you from the inside
                          out.'


4 comments:

  1. Hey, A, is this you? I just discovered your blog and read the poems. Damn they're good! I like the dialogue that lets me glimpse the relationships. I like the specificity, the little details that tell the story. In this one, I like scars as the lines of her life and the intensity of the final wish to move right into you while holding the knife- chilling. You don't have a way to follow you so I'll add you to blogs that I follow. Glad you're sharing!
    p.s. Just saw the word verification- it's difficult! Another way is to post comments after reading them yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's me. Glad you like them, I'm not exactly sure where they're coming from but, I figured I might as well share with people. Not that I have many people reading them, so as not to worry myself overly much about what I write.

    I didn't worry about the comments since most people don't comment on mine, I'll look into changing it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a very moving and sad poem. It touches to the core. Its quite disturbing at the same time.
    removalists sydney inner west

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I was a little worried when I wrote it that the right emotions would be touched, but I guess not.

    ReplyDelete