Friday, September 7, 2012

III

III.

We decorated our bodies
  with galaxies and stardust
and ate cosmic sunbeams
    for dinner.
Turning to me, face flushed, 
    eye bright and arms spread,
 "I've often wondered,
   what happiness was - is -
            could be."
Beautiful eyes, dancing with super novae, 
         and dark  matter -
I watched ever closer, for that change
   From dawn to dusk
because sunsets are 
          never enough
     and stars don't sparkle
          in space. 


The smile is genuine, cast in moonlight
      atmosphere coats us
   in metallic blues and purples
           as the moon rises, higher and higher.
Your sigh is heartfelt, I watch you-
       watch the stars, and say,
"If this moment could be preserved, 
        kept secret.
   I would return, night after night, 
   to when you held my hand
and let me watch the sky."


2 comments:

  1. Ah, sweet love found in perfect moments and us wanting to hold on to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one specifically makes me smile, and think of all the loving partnerships I've seen.

      Delete