Thursday, September 13, 2012

Autumn- Digression


The leaves are changing again
             some things never change.


I am walking to the park
           alone, again,
    to see if maybe - this time -
I'll find your ghost
    hiding between
laughter and blades of grass.
Alone, in my head, my voice talks
        'maybe, maybe, maybe'
 but I know better than to hope.


The leaves go from green to red to yellow
  changing, ever year.


The ghost of myself stands in front of our door
       knowing you lied, knowing
I will never walk past
         and see your eyes smiling at me.
You promised me forever
  (forever, forever, forever
   the words echo hollowly
   in the emptiness of our house).
You are a liar.
      I am alone.

1 comment:

  1. I like the line of the ghost hiding between laughter and blades of grass. The poem is a painfully honest look at loss.

    ReplyDelete